Step 3 Downtown Rome BOA
The Downtown Rome Brownfield Opportunity Area is 513-acre area located in the heart of Rome’s city center. The study area is characterized by its proximity to the Erie Canal and Mohawk River, Fort Stanwix, residential neighborhoods, and the historic Little Italy district in East Rome. However, like many upstate communities, the downtown study area contains a number of vacant and underutilized sites, including over 90 brownfields that serve as a reminder of Rome’s industrial past. These areas present significant opportunity to redefine downtown Rome as a city of viable industry, high quality neighborhoods, and accessible waterfronts.
The Step 2 Nomination Study, From Brown to Green: A Revitalization Strategy for the Downtown Rome BOA Area, provides a roadmap for redevelopment within the core of the downtown by identifying key development opportunities and financial resources to enable residents to live, work and play within the study area.
The Step 3 Implementation Strategy is the final planning piece in the BOA process as this plan will identify specific projects and techniques that will serve as catalysts to transform and revitalize the downtown core.
Such projects include a housing analysis, real estate market trends analysis, financial pro formas for priority redevelopment sites, as well as a comprehensive marketing strategy that identifies specific tactics to attract new residents, businesses, and tourists.
Check out the City of Rome's
Report & Summary
Hover over box to find report & summary links on desktop
Step 3 Downtown Rome Report
01. Rome Downtown and Waterfront Wayfinding Plan – Draft
03. Bellamy Harbor Waterfront District Form-Based Code – Draft
04. Rod Mill Site: Financial Pro Forma Analysis
05. Phase I ESA – 301 Mill Street
06. Phase I ESA: 109 Canal Street
07. Rome Turney Remedial Action Plan – Draft
08. US EPA Rome Turney (109 Canal) Cleanup Grant
08a. US EPA Rome Turney (109 Canal) Cleanup Grant – Attachments
09. Hazardous Waste/Contaminated Materials Survey Report: 109 Canal Street
10. Rome Turney Site – Financial Pro Forma Analysis
12. Medical Office Building Market Feasibility Analysis
13. East Dominick Street Business Attraction Strategy – Draft
14. Real Estate Market Analysis for Erie Boulevard BOA – Draft
15. Potential Spinoff Impacts from Marcy Nanocenter
18. Committee Meetings 1 -7: Summaries
19. Committee Meetings 1-7: Presentations
20. Public Meeting 1: Meeting Materials
21. Public Meeting 1: Summary and Sign In Sheet
23. Developer RFP – Waterfront Village Site
24. 3D Images: Before and After
25. Hotel Feasibility Analysis
26. Analysis of the Brownfield Opportunity Area